Here is how we did it:
1. We used silk satin scarves about 8" x 54" .
3. We put on gloves to keep from dying our hands, and placed the scarf and dowel in a pie pan to catch drips.
4. Using eye droppers, we dripped dye onto the silk, holding the dropper in place to let the dye soak in.
5. Once the dye covers the silk, we let it set to soak in throughly .
6. We can't wait until it dries on the dowel (takes days!) to see what it looks like, so we carefully unrolled the silk and hung it up to dry. TaDa!!
7. The next step is to steam them. That will be next week when the class meets.